Rapides Primary Health Care Center is looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
You will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
* Provide accounting and clerical support to the Accounting Department
* Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
* Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
* Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
* Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
* Provide assistance and support to company personnel
* Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
* Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
* Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
* Constantly update job knowledge
Requirements * Proven 2-3 years accounting experience as an Accounting Clerk * Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
* Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
* Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Aptitude for numbers
* Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
* Data entry and word processing skills
* Well organized
* High school degree
* Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus