Rapides Primary Health Care Center is looking for a Billing Clerk too properly submit claims to insurance companies and invoices to patients. The individual will bill for medical, dental, and behavioral health services.
• Process and submit clean claims to insurance companies and invoices to patients.
• Post payments to patient accounts.
• Reconcile denials with the insurance companies or providers, to ensure claims are not subjected to timely filing
• Call patients to update records such as billing addresses and methods of payment.
• Explain charges to patients.
• Assist the front desk with scheduling, accepting co-payments, and verifying insurance.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Billing Certificate preferred, but not required.
• At least one year of billing experience.
• Familiarity with verifying insurance.
• Computer literate
• Excellent customer service and communication skills with patients and staff.
• Time Management Skills